This policy describes how toysmart collects, processes, uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together "Platforms").
What does this policy cover
- 1.sets out the types of personal information we collect;
- 2.explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
- 3.explains when and why we may share personal information within the toysmart and with other organizations.
- 4.explains how we protect the personal information we collect; and
- 5.explains the rights and choices you have concerning your personal information.
This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”).
Using our Services means:
- 1.Buying / Ordering services or products from any of our subsidiaries over the phone, in-store, or online
- 2.Using any of our platforms, including websites (“our Websites”)
- 3.Being a member of any of our loyalty schemes
- 4.Taking part in our promotions & competitions and registering to receive our newsletters and offers
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
Personal information we collect
When you register to our services, we may collect:
- 1.Your details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
- 2.Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen; and
- 3.Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
When you shop with us online, browse our Websites, use our Mobile Apps, or connect to Wi-Fi networks we provide, we may collect:
- 1.Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered bought and how you paid);
- 2.Information about your online browsing behavior on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations’ websites);
- 3.Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type, and mobile device identifiers);
- 4.Information about your precise geolocation.
When you use any of our loyalty program(s) to shop with us, we may collect:
- 1.Transaction information, including the in-store and online purchases you earn points for and how you use your points, coupons, and vouchers within our subsidiaries or with other partners.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- 1.Information you provide about yourself.
- 2.Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on.
- 3.Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
Other sources of personal information
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, credit history, purchases, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
- 1.review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold; and
- 2.improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used as per this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a service you request.
Why and how we use your personal information
Make our Services available to you
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
- 1.Processing your orders and refunds
- 2.Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services in line with our contractual obligations to you.
Personalize your experience
We may use your personal information to personalize the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
- 1.Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services.
- 2.Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on our Websites and other organizations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners.
- 3.To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources including the different subsidiaries under Toysmart.
Contact and interact with you
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, to:
- 1.Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us
- 2.Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners
- 3.Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by Family Food Centre and by other organizations on our behalf
It is in our legitimate business interests that we can provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with a notice about our services.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
We analyze information about how you use our services.
- 1.Manage and improve our Websites and Mobile Apps.
- 2.Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you.
- 3.Detect and prevent fraud or other crimes.
It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
We operate channels, pages, and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services.
Toysmart is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
The following companies, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google and Linkedin, may use data for their purposes, specifically to market to you through their social media platforms and allow engagement on our websites. This includes profiling and targeting you with other advertising.
All the information that we have collected is available in our database of contacts. For users who registered on Toysmart, the e-commerce platform for a big variety of products, all information is available online in your account and you may access such information at any time by logging in to your account through our website.
About your data, you have the followings rights, as mentioned below:
1.Request correction or updation of the personal data that we have with you about you.
2.This enables us to correct or update any incomplete or inaccurate data we have about you. However, we may need to verify the accuracy of the corrected or updated data provided to us by you, to secure the data and comply with our data accuracy policies·
3.Request to delete the personal data. You may request to delete or remove personal data where there are no reasons for us processing that data. However, in special cases, we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
4.The objection regarding processing your data, where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object processing on this ground if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedom.
5.Request restriction of processing your data. In such circumstances that you have successfully requested restriction of your data, we will suspend the processing of your data—where you wish to cancel all services and close your accounts; or where you are challenging the accuracy of the personal data we hold, and where you may want to exercise or defend legal claims when we would normally delete or anonymity the data.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Where you have opted-in to receive such communications, we may send you information about our products and services. To opt-out of marketing or promotional emails, please click the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email communication to be removed from future communications. To stop receiving SMS, please reply with the four-digit opt out number stated in the SMS.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
Contacting us and complaints